Sunday, June 26, 2016

All good things must come to an end

Shout out to IULM! We had an amazing 3 weeks and I can't believe it's over😥 This past week of classes was my favorite for sure. We spent the week taking about Italian designers, brand product relationships, brand image and much more. Our professor Antonio Cataloni had much experience as a consultant for some of the top designers in the world like Prada, Dolce and Gabbana, Armani, Tom Ford, and Tory Birch to name a few.
I learned a lot this week about the difference between how brands are represented on the runway to brick and mortars. I have a new appreciation for fashion and design now.
Leaving Italy is going to be bittersweet. On one hand really like it here and I want to keep exploring but I'm excited to go home as well. Packing my room up that I had for three weeks was sad. I will miss all the friends I've made here and the city of Milan. I definitely experienced problems with language barriers the most memorable being the time I tried to sign up for a rewards card at a grocery store. When I didn't understand he just kept talking in Italian and then tried to bring an interpreter in. I felt bad that I couldn't understand what he was saying.  I have a new sensitivity for people who come to a country and understand nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment